Thursday, March 27, 2008

Quick Cards for Men

This might possibly be my greatest challenge as a stamper, making cards for men! They just aren't dazzled by my diamonds somehow!? Last week I had to pull out a bunch of FAST cards for men -- coaches mainly -- the night before the Sports Banquet at our school. I was in a pinch so I called on the Author of Creativity for help! --- I was like, Help me Lord!, I gotta be creative RIGHT NOW!!! And He bailed me out as usual just cuz He loves me :)

I thought I would post these simple manly-cards here as a reference for you -- so you guys might be able to grab a quick idea when you need them. Here is a classic easy one, I cranked out a few of these really quick:

This first one is called a Donut card.   Do you guys remember when we did this a couple years ago at one of my stamp camps? You need 1/2 sheet of any color cardstock, plus a half sheet of black. First, fold the card over and stamp the front with a background stamp. I used Print Pattern, I love it. Then adhere a long strip of black cardstock, I think this one is 1 1/4" wide. Trim off 1/4" off both sides to make the sides flush (press down hard on that paper cutter) and then trim 1/4" off the bottom.

Now get your 1 3/8" circle punch and punch a big hole right through the entire thing. That's why we call it a DONUT CARD! Then we adhere the card to a slightly larger quarter sheet of black cardstock. The black will show through the hole.

Now get a scrap of that colored cardstock and stamp it with one of the rivet stamps from "Circle of Friendship" set -- one of my old standby sets. Punch it out with the 1" punch. Or if you don't have the punch, you can just trim around the edge of the rivet with scissors. Pop it up with a Dimensional, inside the hole, very cute. I added a greeting in the lower right corner, and a few brads across the top, and we're all set! Easy Peasy!

Gotta run for now -- I will post the other manly cards later. Please let me know if you try this Donut Card at home!  It's a great simple card to make when you have to..... "Hurry Up and Be Creative NOW!"

Love and blessings, Vickie

3 comments:

Linda McClain said...

I love your new blog. Lots of fun things, from tips to cards to family adventures. Thanks for the great tips for man cards, and thanks for the sweet comments on my site.

Anonymous said...

Love the card..there ar not to many masculine cards out there, thanks for the inspiration

Anonymous said...

Great card..awesome blog!