My friend Denise invited us out to Panera Bread this morning, for a business meeting and a Card Swap! What's a card swap you ask? ... well, that means we each made 8 identical cards with new products from the brand new 2016 Idea Book/Catalog. Then we all "swapped" at Panera.. and we each came home with a set of 8 cute new ideas!So for my swap card, I used the new "Places You'll Go!" stamp set (CLICK HERE!) --and the new Emerald Envy cardstock and inkpad! When I saw this stamp set in the book, I just knew for sure I needed to make a spinney globe card!!
Took me a while to figure out the engineering of this thing, but I was blessed with the help of my trusty assistant Seana! First we circle punched the card all the way through, like a donut hole!
Then I stamped and gold-embossed some globe circles on Pool party colored cardstock with the hemispherey stamp from the set ... punched those out, and freestyle painted the continents on there with watercolor brush! (Yes I love these girls enough to fussypaint little continents on their worlds!) I glued the circles together with a gold cord running up through the middle, to make it spinney .. and added some gold sequins to jazz it up a bit! I think it came out cute! 😊
Finished card:

Back view. Russia might be feeling a little dizzy since i glued it on wrong:

To order this stamp set and all supplies, you can go to my stampin up website at www.vmaduziastamps.stampinup.net
Thanks for looking!!


No comments:
Post a Comment