Thursday, February 21, 2008

One Smart Cookie

I made this Cup Card today, it was fun! The greeting is from a new little stamp set called "One Smart Cookie" from the new Occasions Mini Catalog which will be released March 1.

The oreo cookie is basically a bunch of punched-out circles of cardstock that I punched with my big 1 3/8" circle punch. For the cream, I stuck all the shimmery white circles (8 of them?) together with adhesive, then distressed the outside edge really good, by rubbing hard with the side of my craft/rubber scissors. I will paste a close up of the cookie below.

Then to make the brown cookie parts, first I ran a 1/4" sheet of Chocolate Chip cardstock through my Fiskars Crimper --- crimped it one way, then the other way, to give it some crunchy texture. Then I punched out 6 brown circles with that same punch. Stuck 3 of them together for the top of the cookie, and then the other 3 for the bottom, and plumped up the edges with the scissors, like I did with the white cream part.

The cup part is made with Stampin Up's awesome cardstock-weight vellum. I love working with it, it's not wispy and flyaway like most vellum, it has good bones!

I did a tutorial for the Cup Cards, would you like me to teach you guys how to make them soon at a stamp camp? If so, click on the "comments" button (one inch lower than these words) and let me know!

Vickie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vickie,
Would LOVE the Tutorial on making the cup. What an adorable card. TFS.

Anonymous said...

This looks YUMMY! I wanted to reach right through the screen and take a bite!!! Very cute card Vickie!

StampingJoan said...

Vickie this is adorable! The cookie really looks real! too funny!!!!

Joan

Anonymous said...

I also would love to have the tutorial. This card is absolutely the cutest card I have seen.
Thanks for sharing with us.