Friday, February 15, 2008

WINNER of the Pinewood Derby!

Matthew won 1st place in the Pinewood Derby race! He and Daddy worked tirelessly on their car for several weeks, modeling it after his favorite Hot Wheels car. Check it out! Sorry the picture is blurry.

First, he won the award for "Coolest Car!" Then he was amazed to get a big blue FIRST PLACE ribbon when his car crossed the finish line first! He will go back next week to compete against the other winners in each age division!! So fun!!!!

Okay now look at this car. Here are a couple of close up pics. Can you believe this started out as a humble block of wood? My husband is just so awesome, everything he creates is a masterpiece --- whether it's something cool like this, or a simple shelf for the garage, it always comes out perfect. I get so excited when I see him with a pencil and graph paper, I know something good is about to happen!! My man is a living example of the Bible verse that says, "Whatever your hand finds to do ... do it with all your might ... working cheerfully as unto the Lord, and not merely for the approval of men." Or something like that. In Colossians maybe.

Oh and yes the headlights and tail lights are crystal brads from my stamping supplies, aren't they cool! I made the license plate too with glossy cardstock :) My meager contributions to this awesome male-bonding project! -vm

No comments: