Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Truth Will Set You Free

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is -- his good, pleasing and perfect will. " Romans 12:12

Friend, do you struggle with thoughts or habits that drag you down? I have just started something that I'm very excited about and I want to share it with you. My husband and I have just started a 40-day fast, for the days leading up to Easter. No, we're not giving up food for 40 days! We're giving up bad thinking patterns. Check it out:

"Fasting from Wrong Thinking" Video -- CLICK HERE for Video

Would you like to join us? Go to www.thinkingfast.org, and you can sign up to get a personal webpage. We can read the short email messages one day at a time, and let God's word sink in deep... to daily renew our hearts and minds.

I know the Bible is full of blessings for those who live their life for Him. I asked Christ to forgive my sins, so now I have a relationship with God and I talk to Him every day in prayer. So why do I struggle sometimes with critical thoughts about myself, or repeating the same mistakes, even though I KNOW that God loves me and has a beautiful plan for my life? It's because I need my mind renewed to the truth! So I've started this 40-day plan, to replace those unhealthy thoughts with truth. One day at a time.

I would love to hear from you if you join this fast.

Meanwhile, here is a song for you, click here for: The Voice of Truth

xoxo,
-vm

1 comment:

Misti said...

Vickie- I LOVE Casting Crowns! Voice of Truth is one of our favorite songs! The album I'm stuck on right now is Lincoln Brewster's All To You Live! It's awesome too!!